The Internal Revenue Service along with the Federal Trade Commission are offering a FREE webinar that focuses on IRS Scams, Identity Theft and IP Pins. This webinar will help with recognizing and combating tax scams and tax-related identity theft. A real issue these days.
For those individuals who would prefer an added layer of identity protection, there is discussion regarding the Identity Protection Identification Number (IP PIN) and how to apply for the PIN.
The one-hour webinar will take place on Wednesday, July 20 at 2 p.m. Eastern Time. Open to all, the webinar will cover the following topics:
- Common consumer and tax-related identity theft scams.
- Methods for reporting and recovering from identity theft.
- How identity thieves trick their victims into providing personally identifiable and financial information.
- IRS’s Identity Protection Personal Identification Number Program.
- How to avoid unscrupulous tax return preparers.
- Resources to protect against identity thieves.
- How the Security Summit is working to protect taxpayers.
The webinar will be closed captioned and feature a question-and-answer session. To register for the webinar, visit the Internal Revenue Service Webinar Registration page on IRS.gov. For questions about the webinar, send an email to email@example.com.
Whether attending the webinar or not, anyone can get more information about recognizing and combating tax-related ID theft at IRS.gov/identitytheft. To apply for an IP PIN or for more information about the Identity Protection Personal Identification Number program, visit IRS.gov/ippin.